Tuesday, August 12, 2014

New Wrinkles

You wake up one day and realize you’re ten years older than you were the previous night. Beyond the initial shock, how does this development change your life plans ?

This is the second time I am using the Wordpress's Daily prompt service, although I am a little late in posting; but as long as I blog, I have no major issues. So here it goes:

I think to wake up one day and realise that I am no longer what I looked like the previous night is going to get me into a terrible state of shock. I know that an emotion of shock is quite obvious, but in my scenario it is more than obvious. It has got to do with the fact that I actually have stopped aging on the outside since a long time, about 8-10 years to be precise. I know it seems a little to unbelieving and self-flattering, but it is the truth.

In order to validate the truth I have attached my picture of recent days to this post (do not scroll down now). Again, it would seem that the argument of me being not-so-old-looking will not be validated due to the absence of data - data as in my picture of 10 years vintage from today. But that will be manageable considering the fact that the picture inserted at the end of this blog is of current me, which is precisely 32 years old. Yeah...I am that much carbon-14 material in me.

Ok, so now coming back to the effect of change caused due to the development of wrinkles worth 10 years of age on my face in a span of one night. I will probably do all the following, though not particualry in the order mentioned, but this is all I am sure I would do:

  1.  check if I am not suffering from some sort of Amnesia or any corollary disease of it.
  2. sue my anti-wrinkle cream which I have been using for the last 7 years.
  3. consider buying (read investing) in more of Term life Insurance.
  4. check all my savings so as to plan a travel trip to Iceland, or any other country which would still be untouched in my travel bucket-list.
  5. check if the person I love is still with me. (I hope he does not end up reading this one, good that I put the not-in-any-order disclaimer, lol)
  6. check if the person I love has also fast-aged like me (the person on 5 and 6 are the same, do not know why I felt like making things confusion free here)
  7. check if my mother is still there with me (my dad is already no more)
  8. check if my daddy is there. I mean that sounds eerie considering the point No. 7 above, but if I can grow old overnight, he can also re-happen anytime. Yeah.
  9.  check if the book that I am writing is available in the Amazon or am I still writing it.
  10. is anyone reading this post. (yeah I kind of made up this one due to lack of creativity)


picture taken 6 months back (approx.)