Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Weird Blue Tooth Thought

It is not a new thing that I keep up thinking weird notions and anologies. Rather very rarely my mind stays calm and without thoughts. Well coming to the recent one that I came up with is regarding the transfer technology widely popular among electronic devices - The Blue Tooth.

I was sending a JPEG file from my mobile to my laptop via the same technology, and the transfer took some more time than the normal usual one. That particular few seconds of lag made a seepage of a very weird thought in my mind.

Well it was related to the naming of the technology. I wondered what exactly would have made its developer come up with such a name - BLUE TOOTH ?? Is it that he was toying with the idea of using the Robin Blue fabric whitener as a mode of dental cleaner?? I know it is a whitener for clothes which leaves traves of blue pigments on clothes, but can it be really used for whitening teeth??

Must be, otherwise I fail to understand what exactly inspired the developer of the technology to name it so!!

Well, I stopped thinking about the same when my file transfer concluded.

But still I cannot completely get over the genesis of the nomenclature of BLUE TOOTH...

7 comments:

  1. The name Bluetooth is derived from a 10th century king, Harald Bluetooth King of Denmark and Norway from 935 and 936 respectively, to 940. He is known for his unification of previously warring tribes from Denmark (including Sweden, where the Bluetooth technology was invented) and Norway. Bluetooth likewise was intended to unify different technologies like computers and mobile phones.

    The Bluetooth logo merges the Nordic runes analogous to the modern Latin H and B: (Haglaz) and (Berkanan).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post! This is the kind of information that should be distributed on the online community. I would like to read more of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just signed up to your blogs rss feed. Will you post more on this subject?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sis instructed me about your web site and the way great it is. She's right, I am actually impressed with the writing and slick design. It appears to me you're simply scratching the floor in terms of what you may accomplish, however you're off to an ideal begin!
    Welcome to my blog [url=http://www.about-dogs.zoomshare.com/]www.about-dogs.zoomshare.com[/url].

    ReplyDelete
  5. Out of the ordinary information. Credit on behalf of the info!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much informative and useful article… I like it personally…

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there I am so delighted I found your blog, I really found you by error, while I was researching on Digg for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a marvelous post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the excellent work.

    ReplyDelete