Monday, August 11, 2014

Second Opinion

Your-Opinion-is-More-Important-Than-You-Think ...
Your-Opinion-is-More-Important-Than-You-Think Barnstar (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
What are some (or one) of the things about which you usually don’t trust your own judgment, and need someone’s else’s confirmation?


Conforming to the daily prompt of Wordpress; I thought of participating in today. So, here I am blogging on today's word-prompt:     Second Opinion

I know of a lot of stuff that I know I am not good at and therefore end up spoiling the stuff and human relations associated with it as well. Therefore, very recently, I installed my very good friend to the duty of being my official Second Opinion provider at all times.

So, he is basically the one who has the duty of checking all my actions, especially verbal, to ensure that whatever I end up doing is politically correct. Yes, his duties also come across as my official spokesperson, but many a times he is perfect in his job of being the one who gives the Second Opinion.

Talking about the stuff that he usually guides or rather auto-corrects me on include being wary of people I do not know well, the part where I should think about dealing with stuff from work, or simply managing my work-life balance. I know all the things that I just mentioned sound unbelievable, but I am sorry they are real simple stuff that I still cannot deal with on my own, successfully.

Like very recently, I was offered an extension to my existing job role in the company that I work for. I actually liked that extra bit that was offered so I did not show a displeasure in accepting it; but since I am aware of being trapped into problems, I did not accept the new responsibility at the very moment; but actually ended up asking for some time to think about it before coming up with a definite YES or a NO.

Obviously, I then went to this Second-Opinion generator friend of mine; and he then gave me the best advice that he could on the situation. Hence, I then ended up making optimum use of the a week's time that I bought from the HR, and then put forth my expectations, especially the monetary ones and negotiated the best deal out of it.

Ahh Lucky me to have my Second opinion constantly with me....

I know you will comment here the moment you will get to read this one.

Thanks and love you loads my auto-default, auto-play Second Opinion generator....