Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Write about a lesson you've learned the hard way

Write about a lesson you've learned the hard way
Write about a lesson you've learned the hard way

I posted a few days ago about teaching a few things to my children, if I have any in future. One of the things that I mention in that post is about self-learning.
I am proud to claim that all that I am today is because of self-learning.
I do not owe anything to anyone for what I am and what I know.
It is all because of learning lessons of my life the hard away.
I must have learnt a lot many things myself. Out of which I am writing the No. 1 learnt lesson here in this post. 
Do not fix your happiness goals on anyone else than you.
I have wasted a lot many years of my life fixing my happiness goals on others. Others include family, friends, and people to whom I was close then. All this led to disappointment, grief and depression. 
Moreover,  if I recall, this happened to me 4-5 times. One after the other series of bad experiences left a bad taste in my mouth. I felt no truth to human relationships, except for selfishness and deceit. I begin to wonder the basis of having friends and relatives. When all relations are convenience based, then why one should one consider them in their life?
It was more disheartening because I had stood through the bad times of all those people. On the contrary of being some help, they mocked and turned cold towards me.
Now I am happy to admit that I no more let anyone make me unhappy. I live my life the way I wish to, without giving a damn. 
P.S : This post is inspired by a pinner, who has deleted content on their blog now