Tuesday, July 31, 2012

one of those deeds by others that makes me happy

Yamanote Line platform during the morning rush...
Yamanote Line platform during the morning rush hour (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
At times in life one gets to see some usual tasks performed by people which may seem nothing to people who are not involved in it, but seeing it from humanity's point of view, they turn out to be real applauding tasks. I happened to witness such an event just few days back.

I was on my way to some place on a bus, and today I do not even remember where exactly I was headed that day. But what I clearly remember seeing is that the bus driver waited for a young school girl to board a bus. Well, he waited for at least 5 minutes on a busy bus stand at the peak hours. He happened to notice that the girl was running to catch the bus which had already started after halting for its due course at that particular stoppage. And the very moment he saw the girl running, he pulled the brakes and decided to stop the bus for her to board.

I was simply amazed and filled with gratitude for that driver. I do not remember seeing the girl's face clearly nor would I remember the driver's if I happen to meet him again. But I know what will I remember all my life.

Remembering such few instances of humanity exchanged between total strangers is what I think of whenever I feel a little low, like right now...