Sunday, October 11, 2015

Write something that someone told you about yourself that you never forgot

Write something that someone told you about yourself that you never forgot
Write something that someone told you about yourself that you never forgot


Being an open-hearted person is not a good thing. The conniving ones get to manipulate you quick. Though the ones who are naive misunderstand you. 
Moreover, if you are courageous along with being transparent at heart, you are in for a lot of trouble. 
Apart from hating you, people become opinionated about you. To make things worse, they scoff at as well. That is exactly what I have been through all my life. 
Well, the fact is that I go through it all till today. Fortunately, it all does not affect me much these days.
I have learnt the art of turning a deaf ear to anything that is not good for me pretty well.
I am happy that I learnt to stay unaltered with what someone thought or opined on me. It has helped me stay calm and sane.
Though at times I do recall what all nasty things people have told me in the past. Most of them have been on my personality type. However, most of those things said have been through people who despised me. So, I did not bother much about them.
Though I admit that the few things said by people who were erstwhile friends have hurt me. The stuff they told about me was so bad that I have not yet forgotten to this day. If I were to count, it has been close to 20 years, but still I have not yet forgotten the things yet. 
The stuff I was told was: "You are always in a hurry".
Till date I do not understand why that person said so. I do not recall in what context that person utter this statement. But for sure it did refer ro a failure of some task that I was doing then.
That person has since then said a lot more not so good things about me. Though fortunately, I have since then created an invisible protective barrier around me. 
It all seems strange because this person gets in touch with me whenever he is stuck in life. He is never ashamed to call me for help, and at the same time never shies away from speaking ill behind my back. 
But as I said before, the recent things that he or anyone has told about me do not take a mental toll on me.  
But that particular statement spoke years ago did make an impression on me. 
Till date I keep guessing the validity of that statement heard years back. Sometimes I feel it is true, other times I do not and end up despising that person.  
Today it does not matter what emotion comes forth with that statement. But the fact remains that I was told something by someone about myself that I have not forgotten till date.
P.S: This post is inspired by a pinner, who has deleted content on their blog now.