Monday, June 3, 2013

'J' for Xerox


If you are seeing this picture properly, you know what I mean. This was really fascinating. The moment I saw this picture, I knew I had to capture it. I mean where else can one find such a beautiful display of glocalisation.

I discovered this beauty while on my trip to Jodhpur. I was staying at a hotel in Ajit Colony there. The main road that lead to a detour to my hotel had this beauty just right at the corner of the road. I was spellbound the moment I glanced at it, and then I captured it. Obviously, how could I have not done it?

But the best part was when the owners of the particular photocopying shop, to which this signboard referred to, saw me capturing its image. I saw a little perplexed expression on their faces so I took the initiative of informing that I really liked the way they spelled the word XEROX. And to my utter amusement they spoke their version of XEROX for me as JOREX....

And then I laughed and could not help muttering: J for Jodhpur; J for Jorex...