Tuesday, August 14, 2012

dont know

Many a times I am asked by people why I eat so much. I know I eat a lot, but what is it exactly that bothers others to see me eating is something I have not been able to decipher. Many a times people who considering my petite frame get bewildered, and end up asking my husband if I really eat a lot all the time. And my dear humble husband comes up with his usual replies to such embarrassing questions saying: Yes, she does eat a lot all the time. Please do not invite us to your place, even informally. Because my wife would definitely turn up at your place.

Though jokes apart, but I still perplex to realize as to why people bother so much about my eating habits. I am a person who just loves to eat, and why not, I do not know how many years I am going to survive more, so each day I spend a sizable amount of time of my life doing the stuff that I really like. And eating happens to be just one of it. I mean food gives me strength, gives me energy, in fact each and every part of my body was once food. If I do not eat, how will I carry my body in a healthy state uptil my old age?? Yeah if ofcourse I live long enough to be really old. Though that is besides the point, but not just me, but every living being on this Earth requires food to survive, and if I listen and act on that instinct, why it seems to bother others?? I just do not know.

I used to get disturbed by those riffs on me and my eating, but now I simply shrug them off.

me hogging on the International Fish n Chips Day
And these days, I have started replying this way instead: "I eat, therefore I am; and therefore my vitality and beauty" and I simply hog off leaving them gaping.