Saturday, June 9, 2012

stupidity that I did today

So, I planned to visit one of my friend today. Since, she became a mother 6 months back, so her routine is all driven by the needs of her baby. It had been months that we both met, so we decided to meet up today. She had set up the odd hours of afternoon, the time at which her baby is sound asleep for at least 1.5-2 hours at a stretch.

As planned, I landed at her building exactly at 1:30 pm. It was scorching hot and I was frustrated to find the lift not servicing. Since, her flat is at the topmost floor of the 8 storey building where she resides, I started sweating even before starting on the ordeal.

I had no choice but to start on with the stairs, one-by-one. My mind kept counting the floors; while my physical self was busy climbing the stairs. I reached to the point when one of the galleries of the building started beaming the harsh rays of the Sun. I gave no heed to the counting in my mind and was sure that I did arrive at my destination. Of course, no other gallery at any of the floors that I passed by had the rays of the Sun so stark; in fact all of the previous ones were gloomy.

I was relieved to finally made it to the top. I recalled that my friend's flat was the one next to the staircase; so my left hand automatically raised to ring the bell adjoining the door of the first flat on the floor. Just as I was about to do the same, it struck me that my friend's kid must have been in a slumber, and I should not make any efforts to wake him up; knowingly or unknowingly. I was so proud that finally these days wisdom is crossing through me at the right times. With a pride within me, I gave a slight tap to the door instead of my previous attempt of ringing the door bell. After that physical gesture, I kept waiting for full 3 minutes, but the door did not open from inside. So, I repeated the entire activity again. Though this time it must have been a full 1 minute wait (I am a no patience person LOL).

I reached to my cellphone with disappointment and started dialing my friend's phone. And the wisdom again struck me. I cancelled the call as soon as I realized that if my friend's phone was not a low ringing mode, it might disturb the baby and his sleep. And somehow the thought of witnessing a baby's cry after his/her sleep is disconnected is more harrowing  than to wait with expectation at a closed door to open on its own. So I did the latter for another 2 minutes. Then, naturally I had it enough. I grew adamant with my feelings of confronting my friend for not being thoughtful of opening the door for me when she knew that I was expected anytime. When I was thoughtful enough to take care of not awaking her baby in any way; and also taking pains to travel under the hot Sun in the days of threshold of summer to meet her in an equally odd time of the day; can she not be little concerned in return for her friend. With these miffed thoughts in the back of my mind, I simply pushed the main door of her flat across.

And my God what did I witness. 4 young lads sleeping on the floor in nothing but their under wears. The first and instant thought that crossed my mind was that they must have been some young relatives of my friend who must have come to my friend's house to spend a day. But my instant thoughts instantly vanished when I saw the tall legs of those semi-naked boys. I lay stunned for few seconds till one of the boys woke up  from his sleep and started looking for his clothes hurriedly seeing a woman like me. Poor boy could not locate his clothes and he ran towards the other room adjoining the one he was sleeping in. In the process of running away, he ended up waking another one who was lying next to him. He too examined me with his sleeping eyes and accompanied his friend in running away to save his honor. But then I wonder how much of his honor was left to save. His underpants were already like the ones of John Abraham from the movie Dostana. May be the most important part of the honor was saved, I suppose. Till then too I was standing completely froze. I hate myself when the moments of wisdom do not flash through any part of my body in such situations, lest not the brains. Finally, after few seconds I realized that I never actually counted the floors of the building while taking the staircase. So, as soon as the wisdom dawned upon me, I took a 90 degree turn and ran to the staircase to climb one more floor.

I was relieved to find my friend outside her main door welcoming me with a cheerful smile. Since, both of us were outside her flat, I took the opportunity to describe in detail the virtual sexual assault that I ended up committing on 4 poor young boys. Good that I did, cause she went into a laughing hysteria that ended for full 5 minutes, and I presume that that must have been audible to the freshly assaulted boys residing downstairs. I am so sure because I remember not closing their main door behind me when I left them....



P.S: I think by the time of climbing at some moment my mind had also worn out along with my body. I am really apologetic, but from next time I will be careful. Though I still wonder what the other 2 boys who were sleeping all through the ordeal must have thought after waking up and being updated on this very` event.