Monday, August 25, 2014

kareena lakme twitter contest

So this post is to share some good news. No, do not get any hanky panky ideas. I want to share that one of my tweets made me win a personally autographed Lakme goodies hamper from the Kareena Kapoor Khan.

Yes, it happened, and it happened yesterday. I know I should have been posting this yesterday itself, but you know I am too lazy for myself.

So, anyway, yesterday it was a Sunday and I was in my lazy lamhe mode at around 12ish during the day time. So, I logged into my tweetcaster account from my phone and so some #GoesGlossy contest going on by Lakme India.

I scrolled some tweets on it and realized that basically it was just a part of promotion activity for the Lakme Fashion Week that also had its finale yesterday.

The contest basically required people to tweet with the #GoesGlossy hashtag on a picture of Kareena Kapoor which had her in 3 different make-up looks. One was supposed to voice out his/her favourite look for her amongst those 3 with a reasoning. Ultimately the best 5 of all entries would win a hamper from the organizers, which would be personally autographed by Ms. Khan.

                                                  



Generally I am not the one who goes for such quick trending one-day contests; but seeing the visuals of Kareena Kapoor Khan I immediately had some thought crossing my mind. Obviously then I blurted out in a tweet.

          



And then in few hours I was awoken to realize that I had about 50 notifications on twitter and one could guess why that number in just a matter of 4 hours.

Yes, I won that one.

I felt good and immediately I shared my joy with the person because of whom my creativity these days is blooming to a new flavor and color, and yes a glossy color.

Attached are both the contest tweet and the one that made me win. Cheers!!

P.S: The aftermath of the contest was a lot of young girls sending me tweets and following me, and then asking me to follow them back. And I hope that is it.

Also, a proof that I did win: