Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Things that I just dont get - IX

I never thought that my curiosity will take me to this post one day. I do not know why my eyes and my curiosity gets stuck to things that may seem just normal to everyone else around.

With this curiosity of mine many a times I get embarrassed for this peculiar quality of mine.

I never thought that my curiosity will take me to this post one day. I do not know why my eyes and my curiosity get stuck to things that may seem just normal to everyone else around.

With this curiosity of mine, many a times I get embarrassed amongst friends. Though, my family is quite used to it now.

The latest episode in the series of not understanding stuff was when I watched the rushes of the recent romantic block buster called Aashiqui 2.

Obviously as you would know it is a sequel to the original block buster that came in almost 20 years back.

To be frank I have not seen the movie, I am not those rom-com loving kinds. And to be more frank, I am not even going to watch it, even if it comes free on any of the movie channels.

Now talking a little about the movie - The current director of the movie is from the same family that created the original one some decade ago. He has also liked his predecessors tried to cash in all the charm and lovey-dovey magic that the original one had created. That also lead to re-making of the iconic poster of Anu Aggarwal and Rahul Roy replaced with the latest pairing of Shraddha Kapoor and Aditya Roy Kapur.

But the complex part about the movie that makes me post about it here is its same movie poster.

But why exactly the poster is stuck in my curios part of the brain?

The reason is very simple. It is regarding the use of the jacket in the current sequel too.
Let me explain it a bit more.
I understand that the yesteryear poster had to have a prop for the coo chi-cooing couples in the form of a jacket in order to prevent the censor-board from banning an outright lip-to-lip kiss in a bollywood movie.
                                                   
original-aashiqui-poster

Now I come to the part which I find disturbing. Why it is that the same old prop is used again in this sequel. Was it really needed anyway?
When in one song you show the couple making out nicely, then why cannot they be shown smooching in public?
It makes me think that the jacket was just a superfluous baggage that the lead actors of this sequel generation just had to carry along for just the sake of carrying along?

Or was that the same jacket that the now flops, but back then hot actors had used?

It could have been a lucky charm that the director family must have insisted on using to pass on the same moolah magic that the last one had created.

If that is really true, then definitely jacket is the only one from the last movie that has got a chance to re-appear in the sequel. Though it seems that it has been made to look different by dying it in black this time.

                                                    
now-aashiqui-poster