Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Me and Whatsapp

It has become like an identity check. Just anybody would walk up to me ask me if I am not on Whatsapp.
GM77DWVC24NW
Oh come on, why exactly is that needed?

I mean everyone knows my number, then why want me on Whatsapp.

The answer to which I mostly get is, to chat for free...

Understood! But for that I have a messenger service.

But, Whatsapp allows chat in the mobile.

Oh that sounds great, but you know with my service provider - Airtel I have 500 free messages in a month.

LOL within our group we message 100 messages in a day

To which I really have nothing to comment.

I mean, why does one need to chat each and everything to someone, even if that someone is your conjoint twin. Also, the service is not exactly free; it needs internet to work, and which is not obviously cheap with GSM.

That is something I just do not get. Though, earlier I had a solid excuse to shun all those who asked me about my reason for non-availability on Whatsapp.

You know, for the past 5 years I had been using Nokia Supernova (the same one stylish name handset advertised by Priyanka Chopra years ago) which obviously is not a current generation smart phone.

But now since the past two months I have updated my phone to not-so-cool sounding (Nokia Asha) but a good smart phone, I feel I have no choice left for identity checks.
Constantly people keep asking me why you not on Whatsapp??

And being bugged with those questions almost everyday, I have developed a simple standard answer:

BECAUSE, I DO NOT WANT TO. I DO NOT WANT PEOPLE TO SEND ME SILLY PICTURES OF THEM EATING, SHOPPING OR COOKING. NOR DO I WANT PEOPLE TO ASK ME HOW MY DAY TODAY WAS!!!

P.S.:  I think my problems are going to grow intense since I get to see new players in such free chat and messaging applications like WeChat and Line.