Sunday, August 19, 2012

Things that I just dont get - VII

Fiama-Di-Wills-Mild-Dew-Body-Shower Gel
Now I come to another one into the series. This is one is similar to the one that was first in the series. Like this post, the previous one was also about the peculiar and rather misleading nomenclature of an FMCG product. You can read that one here.

If you are able to view the picture in this post clearly, you might have guessed as to why I posted this one. Mildew as I know is something relating to molds and fungus, rather typically meaning a kind of infection causing or unhygienic stuff. So, why would a manufacturer like ITC put a fungi similar name to one of its cosmetic body cleaning product?? That is a big why from my end. OK, I understand that it is not named MILDEW, but MILD DEW, probably cuing to honey like or dewy effect of the product on the skin by its application; but still MILD DEW.

Or is it that the big guys at the FMCG major think that an average Indian consumer does not know what a MILDEW is, or they associate the word dew with everything that has a moisture, irrespective of whatever term/word prefixes or suffixes it??

I can just wonder, and hesitate to use the product, even if it is the most moisture inducing or the humectant product available in the wellness industry. I already suffer from having a hyper-allergic skin, just cannot take up the challenge. What if the product really lives up to his name!!!