Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Things that I just dont get - VI

Almost every other day I come across something or the other that perplexes me to my core. There are many anecdotes that we end up growing up with, which are literally hurled upon us by our parents or our relatives.

One such anecdote I remember about the nice looking mustard seeds. I have always heard that they are good for the health and consuming them gives one nice lustrous black hair, may be that is the reason we have mustard hair oil as well. I remember being advised my paternal grandmother to apply the mustard all the time to get flowing strong hair like the flower of mustard's.

Adhering to that advise, I do apply mustard hair oil on my head, and I do believe that my hair will remain good with its application. But my recent thoughts about the good sounding prophecy of mustard and its oil have altered. The reason for the same is that I saw pictures of my good friend.

This is my friend with me in the pictures below. The first one is about a year ago; and the one below is a recent one. You can see that in the older picture he still had a thick horse shoe structure on his head; but the recent one just has a mark of that horse shoe, well a receding mark.

Well these pictures of him have made me have serious doubts on the potency of mustard seeds. It is because this friend not only applies mustard oil on his head, but also eats food cooked in it as well as has food made in gravy made of mustard seeds.

If a person who has eaten just mustard, mustard and mustard all his life can go bald like this, I wonder what use is of mustard anyway???


I got no answers...