Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Options with metamorphosis

Looking back at the times that preeded until now, I feel life did not come with much options. Like I remember having just one television in our house with just one boring national DD television, which itself had very few options of entertainment.

Likewise, vacations just meant going to my maternal grandparent's home every year for so many years. Reading only meant reading course books, and in vacations just one some odd story book.

Radio only meant vived bharti; movies meant some stupid high voltage dramas of the late 90s; food meant normal usual home food or going out for ice-creams, Chinese or the pizzas.

Outdoor activity meant swimming, or taking a walk around with friends.

Buying clothes meant going with mummy to the most popular shop in the city. Coming to cosmetics, Lakme meant everything, etc etc etc.

I can go on and on and on.

Just comparing this with the life today, it seems totally incomparable. I mean how do I compare watching DD with the hundreds of channels that I surf on the LCD in my room, or in the living room or in my mother-in-law's room or on my notebook??

Or I do not even remember when was the last time I stepped out of my house to buy an apparel or an accessory for myself. I have been shopping online for years now.

Today activity means being social online as well as offline. I go out for travels to explore new places; or I attend workshops to learn a new craft or I simply attend literary chapters in my city.

Coming to food, I have become a big fan of Lebanese cooking, I love the dips and the vegetable dishes made Lebanese style; I also love the Burmese Khow Suey; or the malvan crab curry.

Well this transformation list will also go on and on and on....

Well as long as my life is full of options, I love the metamorphosis for sure..