Friday, August 3, 2012

Superfooled by Crossword Sale

The crossword screen
The crossword screen (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Since I saw that library-cum-bed space yesterday, I have been thinking about it only day and night. Coincidentally there is a construction going on the first floor of my house. We are adding another room to our house. So, I used the opportunity to sneak in to my husband about the idea of having something similar constructed in that new room. And as usual he shrugged me and my idea off.

I was hugely disappointed. I then spent my time just thinking about this picture and the pleasure it could have provided me. With those dreams I tried to pacify myself. Then one of my friend updated me about the Crossword sale that started just today. So, I planned to visit the store to freshen up. But visiting the store created more pain to me. I was happy to see a wide collection of books, in fact more diverse than the Landmark, but was of no good to me. They had just a mere 10% discount ranging from INR 1000 - 3000. Tell me what is the point of keeping such discounts. On the contrary, Landmark has their usual 3 for 2 offer. That works really well with me. I end up picking 3 similarly priced books, and end up getting 1 book free; on being converted in terms of percentage, it comes out to a neat 30% discount. Is not that a complete wow.

Anyway, I finally ate a nice sizzling hot corn-on-cob to energize myself of the recent tragedies.....