Friday, December 23, 2011

word sound power

Accidentally stumbled upon this beautiful craft, I think it was through some friend's status update. The name of the artist sounded too Americano to create such native sounds and music. Though I am not someone who would presume about anything, but for a second a thought flashed that this could be all angrezi numbers, but boy I was in for a surprise. The track was all like I am fond of, lovely instruments, uncommon lyrics in Hindi, Punjabi and English. Since the time I first heard the track, I am hooked on to them, but the pity is that I could download only 1 of the tracks. One needs to buy the tracks from their site. I could have bought too, but the site expects the users/downloaders to name their own price, and that is the pain point for me. I to wish to have all the tracks of their life time for free, but inside I feel bad for the artists. Somehow, my conscious does not allow me to have each track for a cent. It seems like a sheer insult to the crafters of such magnificent creation. That also reminds me of the Beagle experiment of "Freakonomics" :)

You know I even tried downloading from all other sources available on the net, but to no avail.

P.S: If you like Amit Trivedi kind of music, I am sure you will grow a fondness for this one. And you will certainly get attracted to the album cover. Cheers to "The Bant Singh Project." Young generation sure knows it roots...
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Actually this mode of payment is much better. Even Radiohead had gone this way for one of their albums

    ReplyDelete