Monday, January 4, 2016

What is Khan Market in internet famous for?

What is Khan Market in internet famous for?

What is Khan Market in internet famous for?

It was last night that I got to know about khan market trending online. For a moment I turned curious knowing that. 

Few days back I was discussing with a friend how much I love Khan market. It is the place where I spent one week during my business school internship. 
It was the year 2004 when I visited Khan market for the first time. But the experience that I garnered there is prominent in my memories till today.
The colorful flower shops and illuminating lanterns stores at Khan market bewitch my memories.  The beautiful bookshops and eateries are another reckoner to my time spent there.
One of my favorite places to dine at Khan market is the Turtle cafe. It has a simple decor adorned with all things turtle. Even the wreath at their entrance was of cheerful miniature turtle decorations. 
Apart from the eateries, I also love the independent stores at Khan market. Back then I recall visiting a small store selling handmade organic cosmetics. Visiting a similar store today will not amaze me to the levels that that store did a decade back.
Since I was a student then, so could not indulge in shopping. Moreover, the fact that the Khan market is one of the popular upscale market places of our country scared me. 
But then over these years I could never find an opportunity to visit the same place again. Though for a fact I did visit Khan market twice after my initial visit. But as the luck would have it, both the visits were on business purposes.
I did lunch at the Turtle cafe, but discussed a business project. I did visit the boutique shops at Khan market. But that was with the purpose of taking out a client for a shopping excursion. I could never visit Khan market again on a leisure trip.
So watching the Khanmarketonline trend last night made me super excited. But little did I know that my excitement will be short lived. 
As everyone knows by now that it was another gimmick by another Bollywood superstar. 
At present there is a single page domain to their name. I am not sure if it is an official one by them. I wish that the beautiful Khanmarket comes online with an e-commerce model. Much like the way branded chains of malls have. 
I do not care if they get the domain Khanmarketonline. I know for sure that the contents of their domain will be far more valuable than their domain. The theory is much like content writing. The actual content scores far better than the domain. I hope to see that happen with my dearest places to shop as well. 
Till that happens I find contentment in dreaming about the place and planning a trip as well.