Tuesday, March 17, 2015

5 Things I learnt from the movie Kingsman: The Secret Service

It is not usual for me to get up and decide as a task to go watch out a movie. Specifically if it is an English one, then it is all the more rare a scenario for me. But this one actually intrigued me from it’s title itself. Yes, I am talking about the Kingsman: The Secret Service. 
5 Things I learnt from the movie Kingsman: The Secret Service
Kingsman movie poster Source:http://hdwallpapersfit.com

I agree that initially the title sounded resembling to something from the period era; but I am thankful to my friend +Vishal Dogra who mentioned the popular dialogue from the movie, which actually ended up as a sales pitch for me to watch this one. And so I ended up watching the Kingsman: The Secret Service.

No, I never intended to write this post to serve as my unique review on this present age classic(just like so many out there), but actually to list down all that I gathered as a new learning from this entertainer. So here it goes:

1The people at the Spy organisations are good at lying

It takes a good amount of training to hone an individual into the likes of a spy. Surely, that involves being mentally stoic, and sub-involving not letting out the truth so easily or at times never at all, irrespective of how hard the situation seems to be. But I never knew that people there could be such straight-faced liars at literally all the times. 

For an instance, the character Merlin played by Mark Strong lied to the testing-to-be-recruited bunch of kids that few amongst them could end up losing their lives and the organisation will not be responsible for that. This particular lie was a big one; within it, it included a lot many. For an example, the other girl in the batch who lost her life due to drowning in the first test was never really taking the hurdle test. In fact, it was later revealed that she was a Kingsman staff instead.

Then, the parachute hurdle thingy; none of the parachutes were handicapped. They all worked and did open for each and every one. But Merlin again lied about that one; and so the series of testing the other person's personality by the means of telling an untruth kept on going a number of times in the movie. Hence, I finally gave up counting them. 

No matter if a lie for betterment is better than a truth; but the truth is that a lie is a lie even if spoken conveniently by a Kingsman spy organisation. 


   2. One should never throw away gifts, even if they seem useless

Does anyone who has seen the movie even doubt as to what would have happened if our Eggsy or his mother had thrown away the medallion locket gifted by the character of Colin Firth? Surely, then the future for the Hart family would have been doomed. The entire story takes a mammoth positive leap the moment Eggsy uses the number engraved on the back of the gifted medal and speaks out the secret message.

With that I did learn something of prominence - not to throw away any token of appreciation, no matter how insignificant it may seem at any point of time. 

3. One should be cautious of free gifts from big corporations

  I have lost the count to the number of times I have received a conditioner free with a shampoo or scrubbing pad free with a dish washer and a DVD player free with an LCD screen. But how much I am happy to think that I never ever should receive a house with roaches embedded in corners or something even worse - kids free with a husband!!
     
Now getting back to the movie; receiving a free mobile or a telecom network connection from a big corporation turned out really freaky. It was like getting to become a confident first time murderer for literally at no cost. Not sure if someone commoner like us would be a game for it; though if the secret was out in open before distributing the freebie stuff, progeny from the mafia fraternity could have saved some money. 


4. The rich ones also eat a McBurger

    Ahhh this one was a complete shocker for me. Cause I kind of dream loud to be so rich one day that I could dine at the Urasawa at the Beverly Hills for some Sushi. Though I consider my writing abilities as excellent whenever I have earned enough money to indulge myself to a smoked salmon and some deliciously cooked butter-garlic-pepper sauteed crabs. Also, every day before hitting the bed I am grateful to my stars for not losing my life due to starvation. I know it got a little too dramatic....

    But, but the billionaire philanthropist character of Samuel Jackson washed away all my assumptions of dining preferences of the rich and famous. He did offer his esteemed guest of honor a Mcburger from McDonalds. I mean can you believe it? 
    If ever I get to connect with Mr. Matthew Vaughn; I would like to know from him the reason for depicting a rich man with such queer hosting demeanor. 

5. Princesses also indulge in kinky stuff.

    I had to keep this one as the last one for all the naughty ones out there. If you have seen the movie, I know you must have enjoyed it for this one especially. I agree that people belonging to the royalty are basically human beings with a lot of extra riches; but the sexual favors that the princess was ready to cascade on Eggsy were unbelievable. I am so not going to put any spoilers here; you will have to see it to surprise yourself. By the way, I later got to know that that particular part was dropped in few geographically altered versions of the movie so as to comply with the censor rules being governed there. This last piece was information was also sourced from +Vishal Dogra

Now over to you......

This was basically my learning from the entire movie; please update me with more if you can. I would love to grasp what I missed out in the entire 129 minutes of it.