Sunday, August 5, 2012

dissolving ingredient for non-seculars

After months of wait, finally yesterday I got to have my tummy full of delights. The whole month of July I was on a diet of rice and curds; all due to my dental surgery. Then came the Ramzan, and I was waiting eagerly for my friends to invite me over for iftari. And I got an invite from one of my good friends for one of my favourite dishes, The HALIM. I just love halim to the core, and my friend makes it just wonderful. We planned last week for a get together at her place for savoring the dish, but sadly her neighbour died of a cardiac arrest on a day before the event. Obviously that caused a lag in the decided event, and the postponement ended yesterday.

I just cannot describe what a lovely time I had eating the slow cooked halim made with mutton, whole wheat and 2-3 whole dals (I do not know their names). Apart from that I also had steamed chicken, chicken rolls and an equally heavy dessert made with layers of fruit cake, fresh fruits, custard, whipped cream topped with jam dressing.

Gorgeous-Halim

Layered-Pudding-with-Jam-dressing
I strongly recommend all the non-secular ones to have such a delicious meal; I am sure they will also start believing in unity in diversity, and the World will become a well fed happy place.