Saturday, February 18, 2012

Hard Letter

Hi Amar,

How are you? I am sure you would be happy to receive this letter from me, I was also very happy the time I was writing it. You know I love to write letters. I was so thrilled when you told me that day to pen one to you. This activity of writing letters reminds me of one of my favourite books - Guernsey Literary and the Potato Peel Pie Society. Ah..if this was  an electronic mail, I surely would have attached a hyperlink to the book. LOL

The book is in letters; letters which friends send to one another in of the British channel islands. Well, those islands then were a no-man's land, since the fiction is set in the post World War - II era. Inhabitants were not allowed to speak to each other, so writing letters to each other was the indispensable form of communication. Sometime back I heard that the movie adaption of the book is in pipeline, and Kate Winslet was approached to play the role of the leading lady. I think I would have suited the role to the T. Whenever the movie comes out and if you get to watch it, I am sure you will agree with me on that. Because, I know you are my good friend..LOL

Well, updates from my end are like this...You already know that I got a new haircut. It is important for me cause my stresses get chopped only annually, since they have been in a committed relationship with Deepti since past 5 years. It is like saying that since Deepti started working on them, no one has touched them except her. Deepti works at the same place where your flat mate used to few years back. So, it is a fun moment for me to meet Deepti once in a year and we both keep chatting and chatting, which makes her other clients wait indefinitely. And you know this time the waiting client was none other than my yesteryear crush Rahul Sharma. The hunk who plays "Santoor" in new age style, the one of "Mahamaya" fame. Since, it was him, I sacrificed my chatting time with my stylist. Of course love means giving and sacrificing. :( But I made good use of the opportunity and told him that I was his biggie fan, with his expressions I felt he got scared for a moment. And Deepti was so embarrassed, she gave me that "I do not know you" look...HAAHA

Talking of admitting to someone about your feelings of love, I did that one more time in this year. I attended the Jaipur Literature Festival a month back. I do not know if you noticed my updates on facebook on that, but I updated pictures of Mohammed Hanif, my strong strong crush of all times in the JLF album. He is of  Pakistani origins and has worked with BBC as journalist in London. I fell in love with him the moment I reached the 2nd chapter of his debut novel "A case of exploding mangoes." So, it was a dream coming true in fast forward mode when I met him at Jaipur. Like, when does that happen, when you meet your beloved in a month's time of falling in love with him/her. And you know when I told him that I find him too hot, you know what he replied - "HOT?? Hmm I fail to understand how come a short, aging ugly looking man be called anything, but HOT. I do not know what is wrong with people these days, why are you people degrading such a nice word. A young beautiful girl from the country that hates my country calls me HOT, I hope this statement does not start a war between our nations. " I am sure you could guess what would have happened next had we both been alone in the festival. LOL My love for him crossed a further support line with his witty response to my compliment to him.

I think you have been a patient reader till now, I would not pakau you more, you please take care of yourself. I really get worried for you, and please please let me know if you do not want me to bug you with more of these. Had it been a facebook interaction you could have gone offline, deleted or blocked me. But here you do not have such privileges, but since I love you, I can make things easier for you. Simply send a blank text and I will not bother you again with these. Though I might try other means of bugging you. LOL

Love you
Take Care



Enhanced by Zemanta