Saturday, January 7, 2012

Last year's last folly

So, this is how a Gajrela or the Gajar ka Halwa looks like in its completely burnt state. This happened on the 29th of December last year. Though normally I am a pro when it comes to cooking this carrot halwa, since it does not require much of an effort. Effort is less from my end cause I do not cook it the conventional way of  heating and heating and heating and then a lots of churning in between on the gas. Rather I do it through the quick fix route of microwave cooking. Also, replacing the sugar and milk with the condensed milk also reduces the cooking time to almost a quarter.

But making this special burnt one is an art in itself. It can only be achieved when you are a complete methodical cook, but necessarily an absent minded one. Everything was perfect in this one, except for the time. I had reduced all the ingredients to a quarter, except for the cooking time. That is how I got this exceptional looking and also exceptional tasting Gajjar ka Halwa.

I accept this as another one in my 2011's list of follies, and I move on.

I will move on to another dish this year, with losts of memory and presence of mind. AHH did I spell LOTS as LOST?? LOL
Enhanced by Zemanta