Thursday, December 29, 2011

real funny events from my life - IV

Considering the amount of mails I am getting for the posts that are titled with this series, I think I should go on and on. Thanks people for reading and appreciating my posts. It gives me all the more happiness to know that sharing my life events gives happiness to so many other beings.

OK, so this one happened like 6 months back. I was happily at home doing my usual enjoyment stuff of listening to music, eating, facebooking and basically doing nothing much. At around 4 pm something, a very good friend of mine started chatting with me on facebook, and he told me that he was about to meet my husband at his office for some work. So, I told him if that is the case, I can also come over to my husband's office and we all could meet up. Now this friend is a journalist, and we both became friends since he covered me and my business story in the Economic Times. Since he is a good friend, he knows me well, and he knows my eating, (read hogging) habits well too. So, he asked me if he could bring something to eat from his office canteen. I told him he could get whatever he considers good from his canteen. To which he replied "mai kabab......" . I just read those 2 words, and I immediately desperately deliberately switched off my notebook and ran to get into an auto in order to reach my husband's office quick to have hot hot fresh kebabs.

I reached my husband's office in flat 17 minutes, and was feeling lucky that my journalist friend had not yet arrived with the kebabs. I was joyous, and after about 10 minutes, Yashpal arrived with my kebab's, well I thought so. But after opening the packet I realised they were not kebabs, but POHA !!!!!!!

I immediately shouted at Yashpal that how dare he could scorn my emotions like this. How could he get poha when he told me that he would get kebabs....To which he replied, that he never said he would get kebabs. I argued that he did mention kebabs in his chat, and asked him to check is chat history on facebook. And then, we both checked our chat history, and the message that we both saw made all 3 (my husband also) of us burst into laughter.

Me: "hey, what will you get for me to eat"
Yashpal: "anything, magar mai kebab me haddi nahi banna chahta, tum dono ke bich me, I will get poha if you like...."

HHAAAAHHHAA


PS: I am with Yashpal again right now, enjoying smooth as silk coffee at our favourite lari.
And I could not find the link to the article, so uploading a jpeg...













Enhanced by Zemanta