Friday, November 25, 2011

real funny events from my life - I

There have been so many of them, I really get confused as to mention which ones here. Whosoever has heard these funny stories from me, have always had a good share of laughter. So, I thought why not share few of them here, don't know if anyone who gets to read them ends up liking them, then I might post few more.

OK, so here comes the first one from the pool of so many. Once a friend of mine asked me to deliver an I-pod from some acquaintance (his current girl friend's ex-boyfriend) to him, which eventually could be passed off to his girl friend. The whole idea of logistics came because the ex-boyfriend was living in Vadodara, and I used to visit Vadodara often from Mumbai during weekends. So, I had to finish this simple task of receiving the I-pod from this person whom I had never seen. I contacted the person and asked him to meet me at a popular restaurant, which also happens to be my second home in the city. It was one of those summer afternoon, therefore there was no customer at that time.

I did ask my friend about the description of that stranger, and he told me that he is a typical spoiled brat, and is always dressed as a "cool dude". Back in those days that description seemed enough to identify a stranger. I was at the restaurant waiting for him with my husband and the owner of the restaurant,w ho also happens to be a good friend. We were chatting in general while waiting for him to come. And then I saw a real cool dude entering the place. He had spiky blond hair; a stud in one of the ear lobes; was dressed in faded maroon coloured large sized T-shirt; and his denims were torn from all over and was wearing slippers. Seeing him I immediately ran towards to him; and I heard my friend shouting - "No, Aditi, that is not your guest, he is the moriwala". And I was like what is a MORIWALA??

But I had no chance to clear my doubts with him, since just then I got a call from the stranger and he was there in front of me. He looked more or less like the guy whom I had mistaken for him. This stranger was indeed a cool dude. He also had gelled spiked hair, though they were in magenta colour; his T-shirt also seemed too large for his frame; denims were again cropped from all over and bravo he was also in slippers and had pierced ear lobe and a pierced tongue too.

After going through the receipt of I-pod I went back to the corner where my husband and my friend waiting for me.I was surprised to find both of them laughing their hearts out. I initially thought they were making fun of that stranger's dressing sense, so I explained to them that he happens to be a young wealthy generation, and that  is how they dress up these days. But to my amazement, they both still kept on laughing. I lost my patience then ultimately I had to ask them what the real matter was. After being told the reason, I myself could not stop laughing. It has almost been 6 years to that incident, and I still smile whenever my memory refreshes the incident.

I was updated by my restaurateur friend that a MORIWALA is a local lingo for a "janitor".

MORAL OF THE STORY: Cool dudes and janitors have similar dressing sense, although the same attire for the rich cool dude is branded and costs a bomb.

P.S: Now I know the correct term for those so called slippers that cool dudes/moriwala wear - FLIP FLOPS. :)
Enhanced by Zemanta