Wednesday, August 3, 2011

much awaited Pantene shoot


So finally it happened yesterday. Though as much considering that it was a promotional activity by P & G, but the entire process of execution made it seem being conducted by a local seller!!

Nevertheless I made every effort from my end to make it beautiful as much as I could.

Firstly, thanks to Varsha, without her I would have seriously gone berserk. She along with him brings the much desired calmness around me, no wonder both share the same birth dates of 17th August.

All of us involved in the process would have been spared a lot of burden and confusion if the process would have taken place in Mumbai. Cause the way things get sub-sub-contracted, the entire goal gets twisted in the journey and by the time it reaches the final destination, everyone is left clueless, waiting for a miracle to reset the chaos.

Yesterday, it was one of those moments when I had to admit that I have still not known him well enough. I know I could have never thought of calling him along. Such a wonderful friend he is, really lucky and blessed to have him around too. The acquaintance with him started off as the journalist who first submitted my article to the Indian Express, but now he has become a dear dear friend. Luckily, with both of them around, I never had to beg to get the soft copies, I had them instantly delivered, without any questions asked. :)

The photographer also seems to be a nice person, how quickly he transformed from a not-so-good ones to the good one who helped me shed my inhibitions and worked his best to bring out the best in me.

Sadly, can just wish that the parent company had been so serious and hopeful of the entire activity as much as we all were. Comparing the company's competitor HUL's Dove real women event, I feel these guys are so so laid back.

Do not know which one will be as good to be submitted to the Femina Septmber issue, as mentioned by them.

Any ways, I know I am real lucky, firstly my friends from all over voted for me, and they further asked all in their circles to do the same. Finally, I got to win the contest, and again till the time of the shoot up to the time of the shoot, I had all well wishers and friends around vouching for me.