Thursday, February 17, 2011

The day today

Overall would admit, it was a happy day. I woke up with the hope of having an awesome lunch at my favourite restaurant with the journalist turned friend who happened to report an article in his newspaper. But sadly it got postponed to tomorrow. Thankfully the "him" in my life made it up by visiting home for a surprise lunch. I quickly made "masala khichdi". It happens to be his favourite, and also the saviour for the day. Had no other option, as there was no vegetable in the house. I rushed to make it in breaks, while we both watched the "Jhalak Dikh La Ja" together. It was a happy unexpected moment for me. Meanwhile he left for his work, and I continued watching all the super duper hit songs on all the leading music channels. I did not even realise how did 4 hours passed. The realisation happened when I got a call from a colleague from my ex-ex work place. He was asking me to be an emcee for a an event organised for the women folk of his religion. The moment he mentioned it as a "religious event", do not know why, I immediately rejected it in my mind. I did not wish to be termed as biased, I took the quick excuse of a family event and refused his proposal politely.

Now I am contemplating, it was the religion or the mediocrity of the event, that made be lie to him.

Whatever it was, I made it true by linking the tomorrow's lunch with the excuse.
Now I am gobbling 3 big sized bars of Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate to gulp the confusion.

WHAT A DAY TODAY!!!!

P.S: Adding a video to this post, it has got no relation to the post. It is added just to ENJOY!!!