Thursday, July 4, 2013

real funny events from my life - VII



I keep coming up with posts that share the almost same heading as this one. It may seem a little weird to one, but for me that is normal. I cannot help much with that because I keep bumping into situations that provide the feed for such posts. Though I have no idea as to how that actually happens.
Anyway, I am happy that I get to witness many such moments in my life time. Hence, I end up penning them so that they could also bring a smile to whosoever end up getting a glance on them.

So, taking the series up further I recall a moment when I and my husband ended up meeting one of the current generations of Bollywood's promising and good-looking debutante.

If I recall correctly, it was the summers of 2010 and we both were on a short trip to Switzerland.

En route we had a 3-4 hour halt at Dubai. It was there where I noticed a familiar looking young and beautiful woman buying Clinique cosmetics. Instantly then my memory became friends with me and told me that the lady was the same one who models for the Maybelline cosmetics brand back home in India.

Since a little while earlier my husband had shooed me away since he was busy catching a nap, I thought of getting into a some small talk with that familiar looking woman in an otherwise boring airport.

So, I started the conversation by being sarcastic on her for fooling people in general by promoting something else and actually using something else in real.

On the other had, she turned out to be as kind a person as she looked.
She simply laughed off my scorn and continued chatting with me.

She told me that she was surprised because never before anyone had noticed her modeling for the Forever21 brand in the U.S of A. She rather believed that no one in her country or in the U.S.A actually knew her or even the fact that she was in fact an Asian and not a U.S.A resident.

Seeing her exuberance I truly felt that that day my memory was really happy being my friend. LOL

Anyway, taking our conversation further I even spoke to her about my being unhappy regarding the brand Forever21. I told her that my bone of contention with them was on a plain basic fact of being biased.
And that was that many of their products were made in India by cotton produced on the Indian soil, may be or may be not produced by an Indian textile unit, and lastly modeled by an Indian woman like the one with whom I was speaking; but still they were not sold in India.
To this and to all my other arguments she responded warmly with a hearty smile. Consequently, I developed an instant organic liking for her.
And after that we continued doing the regular girly chit-chat and I got so lost in the conversation with her that I did not realize that my husband appeared just next to me.

Obviously, that lady also got surprised seeing a stranger arriving from nowhere and giving a smile to her. The moment I realized that it was him, I introduced him to her and vice-versa.
And as none of us had expected, my act of introducing the two of them ended up being the last conversation between me and her.

This is what I said that time that day:

"This is my husband, Mr. Brar; and dear this is a top model of our country Ms. Penty."

As you must have guessed by now, all of us got stunned for few seconds.

No, I did not bother to care about the feelings of Ms. Penty, I just laughed in embarrassment and then we all laughed together, may be that too in combined embarrassment.

Till today whenever I see her on my TV screen dancing on Tumhi ho bandhu…I end up laughing.

P.S.: To this day I wonder if my dearest husband was actually catching on his sleep or was he watching me from a distance?

Or was it that Mr. Brar was staring secretly on Ms. Penty??



                                                         
diana-penty-brar
Enhanced by Zemanta