Monday, July 1, 2013

Penelope Pitstop and Katrina Kaif

The Perils of Penelope Pitstop
Penelope-Pitstop-resembling-Katrina-Kaif
Ever since I saw the bollywood movie on a vacation-cum-reunion called "Zindagi na mile dobara", I have been having the I have seen this somewhere moments......

No, I do not say this because of the unusual similarities between the mentioned movie and the Hollywood flick "Lords of the Dogtown."

Oh come on, even directors who copy cat all their movies from some or the other cinema legacy outside India also know about such inspirations.

No, no I was not mentioning Mr. Gupta in the last line, I am really sorry if you thought so.

Anyway, what I am getting on to is not a similarity or an inspiration (read copy cat ideas) on a desi movie; but rather a copy idea on the looks of a character in the same movie.

I know, I know that that is also common considering how many gossip websites come up with the repeat wardrobes of bollywood stars of some or the other Hollywood bigwigs. 

But what I am actually coming up with is a little more different than the usual different.

I am talking about the similarities in the look of the leading lady's in the ZNMD and the ever popular cartoon character.

Yeah, if any one of you is also of the vintage era as mine, then you can recollect Miss Penelope Pitstop and her bike and her trademark helmet.

I am very sure, if not the direct inspiration, but somewhere at least inspiration's inspiration for Ms. Kaif's role must have come from her.

You too think so that I have gone real crazy??




Enhanced by Zemanta