Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Confusing and stylish BB

I think the word "B" has hit an all time high. I have always seen this particular letter repeated twice to denote things stylish and upmarket.

Initially or rather the first time I heard about this one was when I was small, I mean when I was in school.

Those days the elite boys in my school used this second alphabet in twin form to denote women who were heavier with the twins on the upper part of their bodies. I hope you can understand what I mean.

Unlike the rowdy boys who used the obvious terminology to describe the same stuff, these boys from economically better off backgrounds were little advanced in demeaning the heavier women. Hence, the abbreviation BB was used to specify "Big Boobs" in order to distinguish females with advanced body parts. So, this was the first time when I got to know that the word BB  is stylish and proved no harm in telling a distaff that her upper body was on the heavier side. And may be she could have taken it as a compliment when compared to saying the same word in Hindi.

Then my second encounter with BB was a little late. This was when a lot of people in this World were also introduced with this term through the means of a hand-held device, called the "Black Berry". Of course, the term BB took the telecommunications World by storm. I have personally known people who have switched from their advanced I-phones to the Black Berry phones only to avail the services offered by that BB device. That I found really funny, but wait the reasoning that they gave for this switch was even funnier. Those switching people told me that their reason for a shift in loyalty was the great BB messenger service. That great service allowed them to share their unique BB pin with other BB pin users, so that they could connect with them through an exclusive messenger service. When I was updated about this great never heard messenger service, I asked them what exactly stopped them from using a much simpler and cheaper Yahoo messenger or a Facebook chat service?? To which those BB users with or without BB (as defined in last BB update) explained to me that the BB messenger is different because it allows users to interact with each other without sharing one's phone number!!!

Come to think of it, when you have no intentions of sharing your phone number with someone, why do you interact with them? And if you really do not need to share your phone numbers, then what makes you interact on a hand-held phone?? Tell me??

Of course, those BB users, with or without BB (as defined in last BB update) did not admit that the mere use of BB phones was done to remain in the so called elite and stylish base of people who simply use the BB service which is considered expensive and therefore up-market. Also it does not matter that any advanced and therefore expensive BB hand-held device took real long to re-start whenever it got hung. And it hung more than it could perform considerably for a long period. But still people used it, and shared their BB pins with each other, with or without sharing their phone numbers, with or without being endowed with BBs.
So, as you now know that this was my second encounter with the term BB.

No, I am not done yet. There is one more recent and hopefully the last interaction with the ever stylish abbreviation BB. I was exposed to updates in the make-up and beauty World about a new BB cream. When I researched more into the subject, I got to know that this time this stylish abbreviation is used to define advanced cosmetic formulations, and it is an abbreviation for "Blemish Balm". They are the creams with advanced beauty benefits in them, which are fortified with minerals and vitamins known to sooth and protect the skin; but in addition to healing properties, they also have the camouflaging properties in them. Simply put, they have make-up like concealing properties in them, which provide a coverage for the blemishes on the skin.

Hence, they work twice, by providing not just the healing powers, but also the coverage properties. So, that makes me wonder what is new in this. Products like calamine have been doing this for years; and that too in less than half the cost. No, but the BB following world does not think so; most of the BB women using BB phones insist on using only the BB creams cause they claim that it is an all in one cream for all their skin problems, and it is proven because they are really expensive.

Now do I need to say more...the stylish BB is here to stay and who knows how many avatars will it take to turn ordinary things into stylish ones. 



Enhanced by Zemanta